Guildelines for posting to the “Talk” list
As much as I know we all love to share our ideas, opinions, and whatever else is on our mind, AND in keeping with freedom of speech ideals, I would humbly like to propose some guidelines for participating in our “talk” e-group:
- Follow our UU principles at all times.
- Monitor how often you post.
- Avoid clutter by deleting previous posts in your responses.
- If you have wisdom or suggestions to share about coffee, sugar, creamer, or other important items, please send your comments directly to the person in charge of such, or to me. We’ll be glad to know of your concern and work hard to meet your needs. Of course, if you can't think of who is in charge of a particular item, it might mean that there is a need to be filled — want to volunteer?
- Remember we are a self–supporting congregation. It takes many hearts, hands, and minds to make this community work — yours included. This is OUR church, our efforts make it what it is.
- No political announcements. (Remember separation of church and state? — the IRS does!) See The Real Rules.
- Come to church on Sundays — you can share your great ideas in person!
- Regarding issue advocacy, while it's a given that we’re liberals when it comes to religion, not everyone on this list shares the same social values. Writing a brief introduction explaining your own feelings about the issue would give your forward more credit. It might even entice someone to read it before hitting ‘delete’.
Thanks for being mindful.