A new and wonderful group has formed at Northlake; think of it as an “outing club.” We’ll start with day hikes, perhaps moving to camping trips that include day hikes from a base camp, then adding backpacking if the spirit moves us. All experience levels are welcome. Let us know if you have a favorite easy to medium day hike within two hours of Kirkland.
Campout at Dosewallips State Park
Labor Day Weekend, September 3th – 5th, 2011
Hiking on Sunday; Corn-holing possibly; campfire singing, lounging definitely
That’s us (and oh what characters we are!)
OUUCH of Northlake
This is a real campout: tents and sleeping bags and cooking on propane stoves. Woohoo!
Please join us! The tradition continues…
Get out and get moving!
OUUCH — Outdoorsy UU Church Hikers
The Ten Essentials
- Navigation: map and compass
- Sun Protection: sun hat, sunglasses, sunscreen SPF 15 or above
- Insulation: extra clothing
- Illumination: flashlight or headlamp, check the batteries before you leave
- Nutrition: extra food (enough for an extra meal)
- Hydration: enough water
- First Aid Supplies: moleskin and bandaids minimum
- Fire: matches in a waterproof container or disposable lighter
- Repair: duct tape and rope can be handy
- Shelter: a space blanket for a day hike